Here at People Medical Consulting we like spreading what we know and giving you a clear pathway to your career. We’re answering a different question each week based on queries raised via our Facebook & Instagram profiles.
What is the Competent Authority Pathway?
There are 3 pathways to enter Australia- Standard (sitting AMC Exams), Competent Authority & Specialist. The Competent Authority recognises IMGs who have completed equivalent qualifications to the AMC allowing them to apply for Provisional AHPRA registration and after a period, General AHPRA registration.
What are the equivalent qualifications ?
- PLAB from UK, plus Foundation Year 1 or Internship equivalent or recognised Internship (since 1975)
- a UK primary qualification, plus Foundation Year 1 or Internship equivalent or recognised Internship
- LMCC from Canada (since 1992)
- ECFMG from US, plus 2 years within a residency program (since 1992)
- NBME from US, plus 2 years within a residency program (before 1992)
- NZREX from New Zealand, plus Internship
- Graduate from a medical school in Ireland, plus Internship
The internships must be in the country, or have been recognised by the country as equivalent.
How Can We Help?
Our team help General Practitioners both with finding jobs and helping with the full application process including finding the best pathway to fellowship for you and your life goals. If we can help, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
People Medical Consulting are a team of professionals with a passion for guiding those specialising in the Medical industry to find their career pathway and settle into Australia. Working with both Australian trained and Overseas trained professionals, we have extensive experience in Recruitment of General Practitioners, and Document Assistance for those requiring support with RACGP, AHPRA, 19AA and 19AB Medicare Exemptions.
Information Gathered From: