In a constantly changing environment, we summarise the most important updates for General Practitioners.
This week’s summary includes updates from:
- The Department of Health
- Medical Board of Australia
and Check-ins with
- English Language Tests
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH-
Total Coronavirus Cases –
There have been a total of 27,777 cases in Australia. Of that 25,328 have recovered and 907 have died. There have been 21 new cases in the last 24 hours, with 93 current active cases.
Our thoughts are with those in South Australia currently in lockdown.
What happens if English language testing in Australia becomes unavailable again? –
If English Language testing in Australia becomes unavailable again due to COVID-19, please contact AHPRA for further information if you:
- have successfully completed an approved program of study in Australia,
- can give evidence from your preferred test provider that you have attempted to book as early as possible and cannot currently secure a test.
Fellowship Exam Enrolments –
Enrolments for the 2020.2 Remote Clinical Exam are now open. Enrolments for the 2021.1 AKT and KFP will open on the 23rd of November and close on the 7th of December.
Special Arrangements –
Special arrangements are available to the following groups of candidates:
- Candidates with exam results expiring on 30 June 2020 or 31 December 2020, who are eligible to sit the 2020.1 or 2020.2 RCE, may be eligible for an automatic six-month extension of results to maintain their eligibility for the delayed clinical exams
- All candidates eligible to sit the RCE or Clinical Competency Exam (CCE) in 2020 or 2021 will be granted an additional semester in their candidacy. Candidates can sit one or more exams in this semester, or use the time to prepare for a later exam.
- All candidates who were enrolled in the 2020.2 AKT or KFP as at 9am on Friday 9 October 2020 will be granted an additional semester in their candidacy. Candidates can sit one or more exams in this semester, or use the time to prepare for a later exam.
Candidates may be eligible for more than one of these special arrangements. Eligible candidates may have a maximum of eight semesters in which they can enrol in exams over four years (plus approved suspensions and leave).
Changes to 2021 AGPT Final Intake Selection Process –
Due to the recent suspension of the Candidate Assessment and Applied Knowledge Test (CAAKT), the selection process for the 2021 AGPT Program final intake has changed. An outline of the revised selection process is below in the final intake timeline and eligible applicants have been contacted by email with further details.
MEDICAL BOARD OF AUSTRALIA-
Revised advertising guidelines are now available –
Health practitioners are encouraged to check and correct their advertising to make sure it complies with revised guidelines released today.
The National Boards and the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) have jointly revised the Guidelines for advertising a regulated health service (the guidelines). The revised guidelines take effect on Monday 14 December.
Anyone who advertises a regulated health service must meet the advertising requirements of the National Law. This includes registered health practitioners, individuals who are not health practitioners and businesses.
Read the guidelines here: https://www.medicalboard.gov.au/News/2020-11-17-News-item-Advertising-guidelines.aspx
English Language Tests–
As of October 2020, test providers indicate that testing in Australia is available in all states and territories.
The AMC MCQ Examinations have commenced on a staged basis and where possible.
The AMC have confirmed that they are developing an alternative clinical exam which will be delivered online via Zoom!
The online exam will involve an invigilator, a simulated patient, and the candidate and will be recorded and marked after the exam by an AMC examiner. The alternative clinical examination will still be 14 scored stations and two unscored stations and the required pass mark will continue to be 10 or higher.
AMC intends to provide a date for the recommencement late November. Their current plan is to recommence February 2021.
3GA PROGRAM IMPORTANT DATES:
- AGPT applications are currently closed for the year
- RVTS applications are currently closed for the year.
- PEP applications are currently closed for the year.
- ACRRM Independent Pathway intake is currently closed for the year
DID WE MISS SOMETHING IMPORTANT?
We’re here to help. If there is something we’re missing, please let us know! Our team are available at [email protected]
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS?
Our team offer General Practitioners assistance with finding jobs and a career pathway, and Medical Facilities to find a new Medical Practitioner. We also help with the full application process with AHPRA, RACGP, ACRRM, Department of Health, Medicare including 19AA & 19AB. If we can help, please contact us at [email protected].
People Medical Consulting are a team of professionals with a passion for guiding those specialising in the Medical industry to find their career pathway and settle into Australia. Working with both Australian trained and Overseas trained professionals, we have extensive experience in Recruitment of General Practitioners and Document Assistance for those requiring support with RACGP, AHPRA, 19AA and 19AB Medicare Exemptions.