What is PRODA?
The word PRODA is an acronym for Provider Digital Access. It’s a system used to access multiple online government services including HPOS (Health Professional Online Services) & NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) . Anyone wanting to access HPOS must have a PRODA account. It is individual, so your details should not be shared with others wanting access.
Who can use it?
Anyone who works in health care services, whether you’re a healthcare professional or working within the administration team.
What details are needed to open it?
- First Name
- Additional Names (as per your identity documentation)
- Date of Birth
You’ll create a unique username made up of upper and/or lower case letters and/or numerals. You’ll create a password of between 10 – 20 characters which must contain a minimum of 1 uppercase, 1 lowercase as well as a numeral or special character.
You’ll also need to create 3 security questions.
You will also require an email address, and will need access to that email to verify your account.
This is all clearly laid out in the sign-up process.
To verify your identity, you’ll need to provide 3 government issued ID documents, with suggestions of your Medicare card, Australian drivers licence and your passport (with visa if not Australia). The full list of suggestions are:
If your name doesn’t match your identity documents, you’ll need to provide further supporting evidence.
Why do we need to check our identity?
PRODA allows you access to services that involve both personal and financial information.
What do I do once I have my account?
You’ll need to link it with your existing accounts- if you’re an administrator, this is a step you can skip, and you’ll just have access to the administrative functions.
You’ll need to relink any favourites you had in HPOS once you enter via PRODA.
How do I login?
Or you can head to https://www.humanservices.gov.au/ and type PRODA into the search bar.
After you’ve entered your username and password, they will email, SMS or send to your app (as per your request) a security code that you’ll need to enter.
Does it expire?
No, but it can be cancelled or suspended
What is HPOS?
The word HPOS is an acronym for Health Professionals Online Services. This is an online service allowing providers to liaise with Medicare more directly. You can access program, Medicare items and make claims, generate reports and update your details. You can also apply for provider numbers. This is a summary of what can be found:
- Australian Immunisation Register (AIR)
- Centrelink Forms
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- My Health Record System – Organisation Registration
- Healthcare Identifiers
- Midwife Professional Indemnity Scheme (MPIS)
- National Bowel Cancer Screening Programme (NBSCR)
- Practice Incentives Program (PIP)
- Practice Nurse Incentive Program (PNIP)
- Prescription Shopping Information Program
- Rural Incentive Program
- TGA Recall/hazard Alerts
- MBS Items Online Checker
- Child Dental Benefits Schedule
- MBS Online
- PBS Schedule
- Medicare Bulk Bill Webclaim
- DVA Allied Health Webclaim
- DVA Medical Webclaim
- Medicare Bulk Bill reports
- DVA Allied Health Webclaim reports
- DVA Medical Webclaim reports
- DVA Patient Treatment report
- Prescription Shopping Patient Summary reports
- My delegates
- My banking details
- Provider personal details
- My access history
- My provider number details
- Create a new provider location
- Track and Scale
E-Learning about PRODA: http://medicareaust.com/PROGRAMS/PRODAP01/index.html
If you haven’t registered yet