Applying for an RACGP Assessment can become complicated if you were working overseas as a GP in the hospital system. We wanted to share our experience of having this experience assessed with RACGP:
- Doctor had 7 years of experience as a GP in a number of hospitals.
- They completed the same duties in this setting as Australian GPs and also worked additional hours in the Emergency Department.
- They decided to complete an RACGP Assessment to ensure this experience would be considered as comparable to Australian General Practice.
- Our team helped to prepare the RACGP CV and letters for the 100 points of evidence. We also reviewed the Domains for each position.
- The GP received an RACGP GPE Assessment of 3 years and 6 months comparable General Practice experience.
GP roles in the hospital system can easily be confused as a hospital role, so we ensured the roles were appropriately explained in all documents provided to RACGP. If you would like more information on applying for an RACGP Assessment or help preparing your assessment, please feel free to contact our team!
Note: The information presented above has been updated as of 18.07.2023.
How Can We Help You?
Our team offers General Practitioners assistance with finding jobs and a career pathway, and Medical Facilities to find a new Medical Practitioner. We also help with the full application process with AHPRA, RACGP, ACRRM, Department of Health, Medicare including 19AA & 19AB. If we can help, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
People Medical Consulting are a team of professionals with a passion for guiding those specialising in the Medical industry to find their career pathway and settle into Australia. Working with both Australian trained and Overseas trained professionals, we have extensive experience in Recruitment of General Practitioners and Document Assistance for those requiring support with RACGP, AHPRA, 19AA and 19AB Medicare Exemptions.