General Practice Updates
In a constantly changing environment, we summarise the most important updates for General Practitioners.
This week’s summary includes updates from:
AKT exam 2020.1: Tips for candidates to improve outcomes –
The RACGP Fellowship Applied Knowledge Test is a 3 hour online exam comprising 150 questions. The most recent exam had an overall pass mark of 65.5% and a pass rate of 76.3% from a total of 1021 candidates.
The RACGP has published some recommendations and areas in which candidates could improve:
- ensure up to date knowledge of ‘red flags’ and appropriate further management of a situation
- understanding the key principles underpinning research literature to provide the best care for patients by continually improving clinical knowledge
- be aware of new guidelines and prepare for exams by understanding current screening practices.
- Be aware of the different presentations of disease and epidemiology of pathology in patients from different biopsychosocial backgrounds.
- read each question carefully and remember all the information is likely to be important
- read widely
- identify gaps in clinical knowledge and develop a learning plan.
Read More: https://snip.ly/gfpkfc
ACRRM Independent Pathway –
Applications for ACRRM Independent Pathway close on Monday the 23rd of March for their July intake.
ACRRM IP is a flexible 3GA program providing 100% access to A1 Medicare rebates whilst progressing towards fellowship with FACRRM.
Apply here: https://snip.ly/2ff3xs
DID WE MISS SOMETHING IMPORTANT?
We’re here to help. If there is something we’re missing, please let us know! Our team are available at [email protected]
DO YOU HAVE OTHER QUESTIONS?
Our team offer General Practitioners assistance with finding jobs and a career pathway, and Medical Facilities to find a new Medical Practitioner. We also help with the full application process with AHPRA, RACGP, ACRRM, Department of Health, Medicare including 19AA & 19AB. If we can help, please contact us at [email protected].
People Medical Consulting are a team of professionals with a passion for guiding those specialising in the Medical industry to find their career pathway and settle into Australia. Working with both Australian trained and Overseas trained professionals, we have extensive experience in Recruitment of General Practitioners and Document Assistance for those requiring support with RACGP, AHPRA, 19AA and 19AB Medicare Exemptions.