Who Are We?
We’re People Medical Consulting Pty Ltd – we collect your personal information from you for the purpose of assisting you in finding either a staff member, or a new job. Any and all information that we collect will be held by our staff members on both our server and is accessible on portable devices. Your personal information is protected and we keep it as secure as possible. If you want to chat to us about this, please contact our office on 07 3503 1444 or email email@example.com
It’s important for you to know that we keep almost all of your information electronically and it is issued to our clients primarily in electronic form so there is always the risk associated with electronic transactions. We take precautions however to minimise risk as much as we can. Your personal information will not be sent to overseas recipients.
Wait, What Do You Mean Personal Information?
The personal information that we collect includes contact details, registration, education and employment history primarily as well as information about you – as a person! We collect information about current staff, income potential, and information pertinent to our business role. We collect this information from you, and with your permission we may also collect information from references, prior employers, and the registration body that you’re governed by. Please note, we do not collect personal information from persons under the age of 18 years.
What Are We Using It For?
The reason we do this, first and foremost, is to ascertain that you have the right qualifications and that we have all the information that we need to represent you to the best of our abilities. It gives us the information we need to advise you appropriately on what you may need to do for us to best assist you. There are also things that we need to have on file, so that when we find you a job or a staff member, we’re able to complete the required documentation and also – to meet our own compliance requirements! Other information we ask you, may be to determine what you need to be fully satisfied professionally.
We will not be collecting information other than what is necessary for us to use in the course of our work
We won’t be using it for unlawful discrimination or for any other reason than we feel it’s needed to do our best for you – you have the right to question us about this information at any time.
Browsing our website, we may collect information about your visit to the site but no data that identifies you personally.
How Long Do We Retain Your Personal Information?
We retain your information on our database for as long as we hold permission to do so. Should you wish to have your information updated with us or removed, please see the below section titled ‘Updating Your Personal Information With Us’.
Who May Have Access To It?
We provide your information to our clients – doctors and medical practices – to be able to best negotiate on your behalf. Your information may also be provided to referee’s, our insurers, and be accessible to the contractors and suppliers that we liaise with such as I.T or database managers. Some of these may be offshore.
Links To Other Websites
The website at www.peoplemedical.com.au may contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those web sites and have no knowledge of whether
cookies or other tracking devices are used on any such linked sites. If you have any
concerns regarding the privacy of your information you should ensure you are
aware of the privacy policies of those sites before disclosing any personal
What Happens In The Event Of A Data Breach?
In the event of a security breach and personal data is exposed, we will report the data breach to the parties involved and to the relevant supervisory authority within a 72-hour timeframe. All security breaches will be logged in an internal register.
Your Rights In Connection With Personal Information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to the processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party. If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is important to us that the information we maintain and use is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If at any time your personal details change, please let us know so we can update our records.
Right To Withdraw Consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent for processing your information at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact email@example.com. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information and, subject to our retention policy, we will dispose of your personal data securely.
What If This Information Isn’t Disclosed?
There is only so much that we can do – if you don’t feel comfortable giving us this information we encourage you to speak to us about the reasons why. Without this information, we’ll be limited as to how we can represent you and we can’t be certain that what we find for you is going to be the right fit. Without certain information, we may even have to decline your application!
Ultimately, our team do what we can to ensure your information is safe and that we keep your confidentiality as much as possible.
If you have any queries, please contact our team on 07 3503 1444 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org