If I am eligible for Limited Registration should I apply for the Area of Need Pathway…?


If I am eligible for Limited Registration should I apply for the Area of Need Pathway…?

If the practice has an Area of Need Certificate and you have 3 years of comparable experience* in the relevant field, you can apply for Area of Need Limited Registration.

If you do not meet this criteria, you can apply for Postgraduate Training/Supervised Practice Limited Registration. For this pathway, you will need to supply a Training Plan with your application.

There are no major differences between these pathways for your AHPRA Registration. There is just a change in the documents you have to provide!

*Comparable experience means you have comprehensive GP experience as per RACGP or AHPRA guidelines

How Can We Help?

Our team offer General Practitioners assistance with finding jobs and a career pathway, and Medical Facilities to find a new Medical Practitioner. We also help with the full application process with AHPRA, RACGP, ACRRM, Department of Health, Medicare including 19AA & 19AB. If we can help, please contact us at [email protected]

People Medical Consulting like sharing what we know, giving you a clear pathway to your career. We answer a different question each week that you ask us on Facebook & Instagram.

People Medical Consulting are a team of professionals with a passion for guiding those specialising in the Medical industry to find their career pathway and settle into Australia. Working with both Australian trained and Overseas trained professionals, we have extensive experience in Recruitment of General Practitioners, and   Document Assistance for those requiring support with RACGP, AHPRA, 19AA and 19AB Medicare Exemptions.

Related Articles