I am an Overseas Trained Doctor, where can I work..?


I am an OTD, where can I work..?


An IMG is restricted to working in a DPA area for a period of 10 years. Yes, there are exemptions but make sure you have it confirmed before you move forward!

Please keep in mind, once you become a Permanent Resident or Australian Citizen you will be required to be on a 3GA program. Make sure you’re eligible for a program, and that your practice is eligible as a location PRIOR to signing any contracts. The 3GA programs will primarily require you to work in a rural area.

How Can We Help?

Our team offer General Practitioners assistance with finding jobs and a career pathway, and Medical Facilities to find a new Medical Practitioner. We also help with the full application process with AHPRA, RACGP, ACRRM, Department of Health, Medicare including 19AA & 19AB. If we can help, please contact us at help@peoplemedical.com.au

People Medical Consulting like sharing what we know, giving you a clear pathway to your career. We answer a different question each week that you ask us on Facebook & Instagram.

People Medical Consulting are a team of professionals with a passion for guiding those specialising in the Medical industry to find their career pathway and settle into Australia. Working with both Australian trained and Overseas trained professionals, we have extensive experience in Recruitment of General Practitioners, and   Document Assistance for those requiring support with RACGP, AHPRA, 19AA and 19AB Medicare Exemptions.

Related Articles