What happens if my moratorium has been scaled down and I want to work in a non-DPA area…?


What happens if my moratorium has been scaled down and I want to work in a non-DPA area…?

If your moratorium has been scaled down, and you’re wanting to apply to a Non-DPA location you will need to submit a paper application! This is because technically you are still in your moratorium. The scaling works on the basis of an exemption from having to work in a DPA area for the remainder of your 10 year moratorium.

Once your moratorium has officially ended, you can use PRODA. PRODA allows you to quickly get access to a new provider number!

How Can We Help?

Our team offer General Practitioners assistance with finding jobs and a career pathway, and Medical Facilities to find a new Medical Practitioner. We also help with the full application process with AHPRA, RACGP, ACRRM, Department of Health, Medicare including 19AA & 19AB. If we can help, please contact us at help@peoplemedical.com.au

People Medical Consulting like sharing what we know, giving you a clear pathway to your career. We answer a different question each week that you ask us on Facebook & Instagram.

People Medical Consulting are a team of professionals with a passion for guiding those specialising in the Medical industry to find their career pathway and settle into Australia. Working with both Australian trained and Overseas trained professionals, we have extensive experience in Recruitment of General Practitioners, and   Document Assistance for those requiring support with RACGP, AHPRA, 19AA and 19AB Medicare Exemptions.

Related Articles

PEP Specialist Stream

IMPORTANT UPDATE: From 22 November 2023 an exemption will apply to the following Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements for Comparability Assessments: *This will apply to all pending and…