As a General Practitioner working in Australia, you earn a fixed amount per patient that you see (depending on the consult). This is usually paid to the practice, who then pays you a percentage (usually between 55% – 70% depending on your experience), retaining the remainder as a ‘service fee’.
The service fee that the practice retains assists the practice to pay for all of the aspects of running the practice that allows you as a General Practitioner to work.
- Rent of the premises
- Utilities such as electricity, water, phone and internet
- Insurances- both building, contents, indemnity and liability
- Staff- including reception, practice management, nursing and other support staff
- Technology- including licences, other software and all of the hardware
- Marketing & Advertising- flyers, Google, social media, signage
- Disposables- such as dressings, tests, specimen jars (and so much more)
- Equipment & Equipment Maintenance
- Individual GP signage, prescription pads and stamps
The practice takes care of as much as possible so that you can turn up to work and focus on what you do best- seeing your patients!
How Can We Help?
Our team offer General Practitioners assistance with finding jobs and a career pathway, and Medical Facilities to find a new Medical Practitioner. We also help with the full application process with AHPRA, RACGP, ACRRM, Department of Health, Medicare including 19AA & 19AB. If we can help, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
People Medical Consulting are a team of professionals with a passion for guiding those specialising in the Medical industry to find their career pathway and settle into Australia. Working with both Australian trained and Overseas trained professionals, we have extensive experience in Recruitment of General Practitioners, and Document Assistance for those requiring support with RACGP, AHPRA, 19AA and 19AB Medicare Exemptions.