Can I get a role with only my internship…?


Can I get a role with only my internship…?

At a minimum AHPRA requires doctors seeking registration in Australia to have:

  • completed their internship, 
  • sat the AMC MCQ and
  • passed an English Language Test or received equivalent education in English.

You are able to complete your internship in Australia, however, these positions are very competitive.

Therefore, once you have completed your internship, AMC MCQ and English Language Test you are eligible to start applying for roles in Australia. 

It is highly competitive to obtain jobs within Australia, so we would suggest completing a hospital observership in Australia as well as pass the AMC Clinical. 

How Can We Help?

Our team offer General Practitioners assistance with finding jobs and a career pathway, and Medical Facilities to find a new Medical Practitioner. We also help with the full application process with AHPRA, RACGP, ACRRM, Department of Health, Medicare including 19AA & 19AB. If we can help, please contact us at

People Medical Consulting like sharing what we know, giving you a clear pathway to your career. We answer a different question each week that you ask us on Facebook & Instagram.

People Medical Consulting are a team of professionals with a passion for guiding those specialising in the Medical industry to find their career pathway and settle into Australia. Working with both Australian trained and Overseas trained professionals, we have extensive experience in Recruitment of General Practitioners, and   Document Assistance for those requiring support with RACGP, AHPRA, 19AA and 19AB Medicare Exemptions.

Related Articles

PEP Specialist Stream

IMPORTANT UPDATE: From 22 November 2023 an exemption will apply to the following Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements for Comparability Assessments: *This will apply to all pending and…