Here at People Medical Consulting we like spreading what we know and giving you a clear pathway to your career. We’re answering a different question each week based on queries raised via our Facebook & Instagram profiles.
THIS WEEK’S QUESTION…?
What do I put in a training plan?
What application is a Training Plan for?
A Training Plan is a compulsory document for a Limited AHPRA application, Post Graduate Training & Supervised Practice (ALPS-30)
What Goes Into It?
The document needs to explain the purpose, duration, location, content and structure of the training. It also needs to explain what assessments will be undertaken as a part of the training to measure progress.
It is important to think about yourself (or the doctor you’re hiring) when you’re building a training plan. It should be customised to their specific gaps in knowledge and interests.
What do all those words mean?
Each section should clearly outline the:
- Purpose: What do you want to achieve from the training to be undertaken? What is the end result or the goal to be accomplished?
- Duration: How long will the training go for? The intent is for this to be completed within the first 12 months of your registration.
- Location: Where will the training take place? Will it be in person or online?
- Content: What will be included and where will the doctor get the information?
- Structure: How will the doctor know what is to be completed and in what timeframe?
- Assessment: How will the supervisor be testing the doctors knowledge and ensuring the work is being completed?
IMPORTANT: It is important to complete the training plan in the allocated time otherwise AHPRA will hesitate to renew your registration.
If you’re concerned about your Training Plan or would like some assistance in putting it together, our team can help! Contact them at [email protected]
People Medical Consulting are a team of professionals with a passion for guiding those specialising in the Medical industry to find their career pathway and settle into Australia. Working with both Australian trained and Overseas trained professionals, we have extensive experience in Recruitment of General Practitioners, Migration for all with a special emphasis on Medical and Document Assistance for those requiring support with RACGP, AHPRA, 19AA and 19AB Medicare Exemptions.