What happens if I sign a statutory declaration for a replacement exemption?


What happens if I sign a statutory declaration for a replacement exemption…?

If you began working in a location whilst it was a DPA but it has since lost DPA status, you can continue working there on a general exemption. 

If you decide to leave the clinic, you can sign a statutory declaration that allows another IMG to take over that exemption and work in a Non-DPA Area. 

The statutory declaration needs to state that you do not intend to return to the Non-DPA area to practice again. However, the area you cannot return to is limited to the area that was initially DPA. Once you sign this declaration you will be unable to work in that area again, even after your moratorium period is over. 

For example, signing a declaration stating you do not intend to return to the Yanchep area does not mean you cannot work in the city of Wanneroo, just the DPA catchment as shown on doctorsconnect. 

This is the Yanchep DPA Catchment Area
This is the Waneroo DPA Catchment Area

How Can We Help?

Our team offer General Practitioners assistance with finding jobs and a career pathway, and Medical Facilities to find a new Medical Practitioner. We also help with the full application process with AHPRA, RACGP, ACRRM, Department of Health, Medicare including 19AA & 19AB. If we can help, please contact us at [email protected]

People Medical Consulting like sharing what we know, giving you a clear pathway to your career. We answer a different question each week that you ask us on Facebook & Instagram.

People Medical Consulting are a team of professionals with a passion for guiding those specialising in the Medical industry to find their career pathway and settle into Australia. Working with both Australian trained and Overseas trained professionals, we have extensive experience in Recruitment of General Practitioners, and   Document Assistance for those requiring support with RACGP, AHPRA, 19AA and 19AB Medicare Exemptions.

Related Articles