Yes, as long as they meet the supervisor standards of ACRRM. This also applies to any ACRRM training pathway.
For doctors applying to be an ACRRM supervisor, they must meet the following criteria:
- hold current medical registration with no conditions or limitations
- are compliant with their College Professional Development Program
- have rural experience
- hold specialist qualifications relevant to the training post
Core Generalist Training:
- primary care posts will be a Fellow of ACRRM or RACGP
- secondary care posts will be a Fellow of ACRRM or RACGP or RACP
- emergency posts will be a Fellow of ACRRM or RACGP or ACEM
Advanced Specialised Training:
- will be a Fellow of ACRRM or RACGP with expertise in the AST area or
- a Fellow of a Specialist College relevant to the AST
Note: The information presented above has been gathered from the ACRRM website and enquiries, and has been updated as of 2023-08-29.
We Can Help You
Our team offers General Practitioners assistance with finding jobs and a career pathway, and Medical Facilities to find a new Medical Practitioner. We also help with the full application process with AHPRA, RACGP, ACRRM, Department of Health, Medicare including 19AA & 19AB. If we can help, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
People Medical Consulting are a team of professionals with a passion for guiding those specialising in the Medical industry to find their career pathway and settle into Australia. Working with both Australian trained and Overseas trained professionals, we have extensive experience in Recruitment of General Practitioners and Document Assistance for those requiring support with RACGP, AHPRA, 19AA and 19AB Medicare Exemptions.