My practice has lost its DPA status and I am restricted by 19AB, do I need to find a new practice?

This is a FAQ BLOG and you can refer to our 19AB & IMGs blog here.

Need help understanding your pathway?

Date Updated: 2024-01-30

You do not need to find a new clinic if your existing workplace lost its DPA status while you are restricted by 19AB. If you hold an existing 19AB exemption, then you can also continue practicing as long as you meet the conditions of the exemption.

If you started work, or even signed a contract, prior to a clinic losing DPA status you will hold what is called a ‘General exemption’ and will be able to continue working in that clinic. 

We Can Help You

Here at People Medical Consulting, we have a passion for guiding medical practitioners through their career pathways to Australia. We have extensive experience in assisting medical facilities in recruiting doctors from local and overseas who will best suit their requirements.

We provide Document Assistance for those requiring support for their PESCI with IME, ACRRM or RACGP, registration and all other mandatory AHPRA requirements, fellowship program related forms and letters, application for Medicare provider and prescriber numbers, application for 19AB or 19AA exemptions and preparation of employment documents.

If you’re looking for assistance, contact us at and we would be glad to help you.

Information from this blog has been taken directly from:

Related Blogs

Related Articles